Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fall is upon us! Where did the chickadee go?

How quickly it appears, like the sun rising over the horizon- one minute its not there, and then the next its all around you. Trail running has helped keep me in touch more with the seasons. I notice changes sooner since you see all the little things happening in the woods. Its a wonderful time of year, when the fall transition comes. I love the cooler mornings and dew covered grasses. The golds and oranges start to take precedence, and everything smells like earth and leaves... until you leave the countryside that it. Then who knows...
This semester is going well at school. I am learning a ton and the reality that I will be heading into the 'fray' in less than 10 months is both exciting and a little nerve wracking. I have been finding it hard to find time to get my long runs in, and just get out and run when I can. It is important to me to really do well scholastically, not only because I am really hoping for some grants to come to fruition due to the extra effort but because this is my future, and it is all relevant. I try to really soak in as much as possible, until I am overflowing with info...lol not hard to do these days.
I miss attending Aikido classes with my dad- the feeling of the mat and just practicing with him. Reflecting on that makes me realize it is really the only thing we have shared, besides a love for reading and collecting books. I hope that I can get a class in soon, as I do not want to let too much time go by...as if it is up to me, right? lol "Whoa, too much time going by...better hold some back..."
It seems to avalanche on you, the passing of time. First we chase after things, some are practical goals and others as elusive as a chickadee in flight through the trees. Our lives are a collection of goals and setbacks, of stumbles and stellar finishes. I am grateful to have the resources and ambition to continue going after what I am passionate about, learning and growing while I go through the motions that bring me ever closer.  Grateful and thankful-especially to be chasing the chickadee, who, through a quick glimpse here and there, leads me on...

No comments:

Post a Comment